Thursday, October 23, 2014

Passenger Story

I was fishing in a canoe with my mom and my brother around 5 years ago at a lake near our cottage in Canada. We had been fishing all day and were catching multiple 4 pound bass.  Then on our way out, we were canoeing to shore with our fishing poles in the water my brother got a big tug on his line.  This was a lot bigger than 4 pounds.  Naturally I reeled my line in so I can watch and not get in his way.  It takes him a very long time to reel it in.  He would reel it up to the canoe and the fish would swim back out.  It took him around 15 min to actually tire the fish out.  My mom was extremely nervous about netting the fish because she didn't want the fish to jump off the line.  Throughout this process I was sitting and watching, I was a passenger.  Finally my brother got the fish to the canoe as I watch my mom steadying her aim as the fish appeared near the canoe. My mom swoops the net at the fish and scoops it out of the water.  My my and my brother screamed with excitement.  She held the fish up in the air and said, "Wow look at the size of that fish."  We then canoed to the shore and walked to our boat.  We took our boat back to our cottage and we weighed the fish.  It was 7.5 pounds, a huge fish.  I was a passenger while my brother was reeling the fish in because I was watching and not actually involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment