Thursday, October 23, 2014

A New Type Of Fuzz


There I was standing in the corner, I stood there watching people smashing into each other. I am not going to lie, I was scared. But I was not the only one standing in the corner. As I looked to the right I saw my good friend Graham standing there, he also had a face showing sheer terror on it. In the moment it was hard to think because of the amount of noise being slammed into my ear, I was experiencing a whole new form of distortion. The amount of bass and fuzz being pushed into to my ears was as if someone was trying to push a car into pencil sharpener. I attempted to enter the mosh pit, what a horrible idea. As soon as i entered i was spit out almost instantaneously. I took my spot back in the corner and kept on with watching the band in awe. I then yelled over to my friend “what do you think?” To no surprise he did not hear a word I said. “What do you think?” I repeated. “It is a little too much for me” We went on listening the extreme fuzz leaving the amplifiers. As i went on analyzing the music I tried to key in on the music coming from the bass. The lines he was playing were like if Les Claypool and Victor Wooten had a bastard child that ran away. It was one of the most intense,.

1 comment: