Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hate/Love Relationship

a visit form the goon squad is a book that shocked me. I originally thought that I would be another assigned book that I will read and forget about it once I finish it. Just another book about a protagonist searching for a better life or finding out who they really were. Just another stack of paper with worthless and meaningless annotations scribbled in it. This book however surprised me a lot. Once I finished the first chapter I was eager to start reading the next chapter. 

Jennifer Egan splits up her chapters in way that always leaves me with hundreds of questions that I have regarding the protagonists. How did the relationship end? What compelled her to start stealing? Why was she so interested in frogs? All of these questions have been yet to be answered. Reading each chapter and got finding out more about these charters makes me hate Jennifer but at the same time really appreciate her writing. 


1 comment:

  1. I agree! I think the book it set up in a cool way where lots of these unanswered questions will be answered as the book unfolds. And, we don't know when this will happen because the book skips from past to present. Kind of confusing but makes for a slightly more engaging read - it's kind of like a puzzle :)

    ReplyDelete