Saturday, November 12, 2016

The future of politics is on a decline


For this to be my first presidential campaign season I followed, it certainly left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The most important position in our country should be taken seriously and not be distracted by drama in one's personal life, it should mainly be focused on the benefit one can do for the country.

This current season honestly felt like a joke, it was unreal from Trump mocking a disabled reporter to his “locker room talk”. The truth of the matter is, I know more about Trump’s drama and scandals that I know about his actual presidential plan. Although I would like to give him all the blame for being such an outrageous candidate I can’t because it wouldn’t be true, our society can be blamed for this also for publicizing everything they see and hear.

Nowadays things go public and viral in hours and once it does it stays relevant for days. For example Hillary Clinton’s deleted emails have lasted all the way until election day. Our society has a tendency to focus on the bad more than the good in people, and that showed in politics because most of the ads that aired were attack ads.

Our society takes away from the actual learning of presidential plans and only focus on a candidate's character, and I believe that is what people base their votes on. I am honestly scared for the future of politics especially if Donald Trump is elected because a man who makes statement that he does should not be allowed to run a nation of all different kinds of races.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, people would focus on Clinton's emails throughout the whole election while Trump has had no political experience.

    ReplyDelete