Thursday, November 6, 2014

Music Video Experience

When I rode my bike to meet up with my fellow group members, I didn't really know how we were going to tackle our music video. I worried that we weren't going to be able to come up with visual ways to represent our theme, but in the end we had pretty good thoughts and ideas. I have never really talked to any of the people in the group, but I enjoyed working with them because it gave me a chance to get to know them a little better.

We filmed in a lot of random places in Oak Park such as George's, the record store, and sketchy alleys. The best area where we filmed was in Thatcher woods by this bridge covered in graffiti. All of us really enjoyed the beautiful forest scenery because the night before (Halloween) was extremely unpleasant. This part of the video showed a teenage mind. There were several short clips that captured it such as the entire group walking past a no trespassing sign or Evan fake spray painting graffiti on a metal tower. About half way through our time in the woods all of us managed to pop a squat on the bridge. The sun was shining brightly and it was the highlight of the experience. I wasn't expecting that all of us would actually have an enjoyable time chilling in the woods.  

1 comment:

  1. I also wasn't sure my group would be able to come up with visual cues. Just like your group we ended up portraying the visual aspect just fine.

    ReplyDelete