Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What is Physical Fittness

The modern media is a cesspool of tips and guidelines on how you should be or live your life. All the time you see pictures and people who are telling others, who tend to be mostly female to be comfortable in their body, in which I completely agree. Though you should not hate yourself I believe this self motivating is somewhat incorrect and as controversial as my view may be I believe correct physical fitness is an important factor of life. People need to do there best to keep themselves in a condition that is safe.
With this idea I do not believe everyone should go out and work out to become thin and lean, which I am not myself. I believe people should live a healthy lifestyle and treat their bodies with the delicacy it deserves. It is understood that people have glandular problems or emotional issues that go deeper than changing their diet. These people need a little more than just working out and some may even need doctors. My point is not to ignore your health, but if you need to see a doctor go to one and figure out what needs to be done.
This concept also applies to people who are not only overweight, but also underweight. If you are so skinny that your body is becoming sick it is unnatural and should be addressed with extreme importance, as I believe it is pretty well addressed in certain parts of the media. Being physically fit does not mean being skin and bones. Physical fitness is how fit your body is to survive, no matter how your body looks, which shouldn’t matter, putting your body in a way that fits you for maximum survival is best.
The men and women in bodybuilding contests are known to be extremely fit but are known to die very young due to high blood sugar, high cholesterol and other steroid related deaths. Bodybuilding is believed to be a contest for the most in shape a person can be, but what it really is, is a vanity contest, for who can look the best. Bodybuilding is unhealthy and is also a problem made into a lifestyle. It is like going to see a contest for who is the skinniest or the most over weight.
All problems of how the body looks should be replaced with how the body works and feels. It is not what the public eye sees, but what your innerself lives in every day. I myself am very obviously no physical fitness guru but I believe in respecting my body and keeping it in good functioning shape as I believe others should to.

3 comments:

  1. Luke I completely agree with you; the extremes of health are simply unhealthy, and people should not give up on their fitness, they should become motivated to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big follower of fitness and health and I strongly agree with you. It's about how you feel and how you motivate yourself, not how others view you and judge how you feel or look. Way to voice your opinion and good topic by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this a very interesting topic. I never thought about how working out can be unhealthy when a person pushes themselves too far. Your point is very clear and interesting, I agree that people need to stay fit.

    ReplyDelete