Thursday, September 25, 2014

Time, and Our Complicated Relationship

You know, I used to be certain about the super power I wanted: flight. "How cool would that be?" my 7 year old brain thought. "To fly through the air, up into the clouds, and truly be free". But times change, ages change. And now I know the power I really want. To control time. I wouldn't go forward mind you. I probably wouldn't go back either (I've seen more than enough science fiction movies to warn me that that is a bad idea). But what I would do is pause it. Even just thinking about it puts me in  a state of envy. Could you imagine that? Looking at the literal mountain of homework sitting in front of you and being able to think "it's OK. Just  breathe. You have all the time in the world".
 You know what I have to do right now? This, an APUSH reading, an APUSH paper, a physics lab, and about 30 math problems. That sucks on its own, but to top it off, my computer broke today. I'm writing this on my laptop I brought three years ago. The hinges on the screen are so loose, I had to get something to prop up the screen with. Sometimes it feels like the world is out to get you, and that you make the wrong move at every turn. I just wish I  had the ability to close my eyes, take a deep breath, and make the world stop spinning. Because right now, it feels like life is moving at just the right pace that I can never catch up to it, but its just within reach enough to where I feel like I can still get it. I'm constantly playing catch-up. So I guess the point of this post was this: if you or anyone you know is a time traveler, please let me know. I am very much interested in  utilizing their services.

3 comments:

  1. I liked your super power I never thought of the perks to that choice...I would still go with flying though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I would want my power to be to control time too. I've said to my self that I wish this moment last forever about 100x. Feel like everyone would agree that they don't want to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this Seth, it made me laugh and made me think about the times, if I had the power to stop time, I would pause or slow down. I really love that you brought that up, I'll have a lot of fun thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete