Thursday, September 25, 2014

Taking a Lack Of Inspiration and Working With It

Sorry, this post isn't about how you can work with your lack of inspiration right now.
It's me working with my lack of inspiration.
So, now, you ask yourself, 'Daniel, why don't you have inspiration?'
Well, I kinda did. But I didn't get too far with it. Everything in the New York Times op-eds already seemed really overplayed in this blog, and I didn't want to echo more opinions that are already here. I could have written about the protests that my sister is taking part in at her school in upstate New York, but I don't really know what to say about it, since it's specific to her school. (check it out here, if you want to. Pretty cool stuff, I just don't know what to write about it without it being about race. Which is EVERYTHING on this blog.)
But really, I don't have any inspiration right now because, honestly, I'm rushing through this assignment, I'm rushing through the rest of my homework tonight, and my head is muddy as hell due to lack of sleep and too much running over the past few weeks. I feel like I really got nowhere to turn right now, I got a bunch of homework to get through and so little time if I want to get any sleep at all. So I'm here, sitting at my laptop, writing about nothing.
I guess it isn't nothing, though, because what we all need to do some times is take a step back, chill out, relax. Maybe meditate a little. Let our brains recover. Find a day to not do anything. Finish your homework in school, go home, watch T.V., read a book because you want to, listen to some new music. Try to do this once a month. Or don't. It's not my life, right? Just do what you can to click that little 'refresh' button in your head and reinvigorate that inspiration. Because it's there. You're just rushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment