Friday, September 11, 2015

Ferguson?

After the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, I kept up with the story. I made sure I was aware about everything that took place after his death. I watched the news daily and made sure I read any article touching on the subject. When officer Darien Wilson was found not guilty by the jury, I was heartbroken. I knew this would be the start of something that would never be forgotten.

Once again, our judicial system has failed us. How are police officers supposed to serve and protect us when they are killing unarmed people without a reason? People in Ferguson, Missouri knew that the judicial system would fail us. As a result of that, riots broke out in anger and as a cry for help. I do not see how anyone could see why Darien Wilson should be let off so easily.

Many believe that the Ferguson riots could be the start of a race war. I do not feel as if it will be a race war but, I do feel that it will be the start of something if nothing is done about the way our judicial system treats us. If police officers continue to mistreat us, how are we supposed to trust them with our lives? I do see a repetition of history in our society today.  Although there are many ways to get our point across to America, no one seems to be doing anything because they are afraid of what could happen.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used rhetoric questions to help prove your argument/side of story. Your last sentence was a good way to simply sum up your thoughts and the article.

    ReplyDelete