Thursday, February 5, 2015

Teenage Girls... Of Course

Strangely enough my dad was the one to show me this TV show. The name of it is Ja'mie: Private School Girl. This show aired on HBO (not sure if it still does) and was the epitome of the stereotypical high school/teenage girl. It's very funny how much I actually agreed with it.

In this Episode, Ja'mie (Chris Lilley) is walking with her group of friends and her "service project". Her project for school is to help the less fortunate and she chose to take an African kid from her town in Australia. First off, how shallow is that? As I watched the whole season I learned that he is not needy. He might be less fortunate than Ja'mie, but so is every one.

This is the perfect scene to give the show's message. The show is to flat out make a mockery of high school girls by embracing the stereotypes and tendencies; Tendencies such as using the works like and literally to a fault, playing with their hair, constantly judging people, and so so many other things.

For one the show really makes me laugh because I know people who act like this. Sad and funny, yes I know. The scene revolves around the one group of "popular" or maybe Quiche, as Ja'mie would say, girl who are trying to show Quamie around their school. Ja'mie continues to make for of every one in and out of sight, asking ignorant questions and making HUGE generalizations.

This whole show, every episode, is a hyperbole. I think that yes this show is to enjoy and laugh at, but since the exaggeration it so immense, it aims to show others how dumb and ignorant some high school girls actually can be.

All I have to say is three words: I. Can't. Even.

No comments:

Post a Comment