Thursday, February 5, 2015

McDonald's is oh, so funny!!

This recently released McDonald's commercial satirically ridicules healthy food and health food enthusiasts. The commercial tells all vegetarians and "foodies" to avert their eyes, as they would totally want to eat the Big Mac. The camera begins to pan over the Big Mac, saying that quinoa and soy will never be as juicy. It's funny because neither of those things are supposed to be juicy. The commercial then says the lettuce in the burger will never be Kale.
I find this satirical because McDonald's is ridiculing and mocking the small health kick that the nation is on that is slowly growing. McDonald's is saying "we know your healthy food isn't as good or as juicy as this McDonald's Big Mac, so look away, or you may be tempted."
I disagree with this though, as I think healthy food is usually much more delicious and satisfying than McDonald's "food".

2 comments:

  1. Its funny how McDonald's tried so hard to promote all of there healthy food and now they are just admitting that there food is unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure this is satire, but I agree that they are using a market strategy to mock the foodie trend. I think it is pretty effective though, because I want some McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete