Saturday, November 12, 2016

A Trump Presidency

Donald Trump's election surprised me, I was amazed that he actually won the election. I didn't feel as terrible as I thought I would. I think my mind was at ease because of his excellent acceptance speech.

His acceptance speech is hopefully an example of how he will lead. He used pathos throughout his campaign to sway voters in his direction. He used hateful rhetoric to polarize voters to only vote for him. Hopefully he only used that pathos to get elected and he will now be a moderate president who might lead us in a good direction.

During his speech he changed his opinion on Hillary Clinton on a dime. In previous speeches he has personally insulted her, but in his acceptance speech he is praising her. This is an example of Trump using positive ethos for himself and Hillary. When he praises Hillary, it makes him seem like a humble winner, which is unexpected considering his personality. Praising Hillary also makes his victory seem even more impressive, which makes him seem like a more qualified candidate.

Donald Trump may not be a great president, but the only thing we as citizens can do is try to steer him in the right direction. He may not listen but we must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment